Mid-Term Elections in the US, are on their way. The date is Tuesday 6 November 2018. Another, historical moment for the USA. As elections are a celebration of Democracy
Voting Polls, first opened in the East Coast, according to the BBC. While in the duration of the day, polls will open in the remaining US. As the Telegraph questions: Who will win the new seats in both Senate and Congress?
Elected to be members, will hold, 436 House Seats of Representatives and 35 of the 100 Senate seats of the US Congress, states the Telegraph.
Who will win is up to the people who will choose to vote
US candidates, former candidates, former US Presidents, the current US President campaigned for this day. It will potentially influence the new two years of US Presidential policies and decisions to come.
Such policies will reflect 1. the US foreign policy understanding and application. 2. Global Markets. 3. The Global Trade Affairs 4. Global Economies.
Below are only some early remarks on the developments taking place currently in the US. Reflections and expectations.
Expected outcomes seen from the perspective of Foreign and Defense Affairs:
1. Amidst Iran Sanctions, to be applied, the world anticipates US election results. These will either show realignment of policy versus Iran, the Middle East and possibly the Gulf as well as Central Asia. Or alternatively it will proceed according to the plans and decisions led by the US president.
2. The US-Mexico border build up, will either move ahead or will find new obstacles through the Senate or Congress, which will result to further discussions.
3. Global Trade Allies in the War for profit, will either continue or be-reshaped.
4. Relations with European Members, bilaterally or Multilaterally will be re-aligned or reshaped with the opportunity of the results. Emergence of cooperation with Africa may lead on the way.
5. US Policies in the Gulf, Middle East and Asia will not change at this time. However a possible clear opinion will also be provided. A Clear message: on the perspective of how the US understands changes and challenges considering war in Yemen or in Syria, instability in Iraq, emerging new challenges in Afghanistan, will lead on the way on how defense and foreign policy is exercised.
6. The US/Russia relations will be affected depending on the final outcome.
7. The US/Chinese trade and cooperation relations in other fields will be challenged.
8. It may affect US/NATO relations and other Alliance related relations.
9. It may also affect how the US anticipates cooperation and support in the SouthEast Mediterranean region and its relations with Greece and Turkey.
These are some of the most important aspects in which the foreign and defense policies of the US will be challenged or clarified on. Where the President will have a clear vision and position or will have to convince new members of challenges, threats and/or opportunities.
Expected Outcomes seen from a Financial/Economic Point of View:
In the Economic world of Global Business, things are more clear. Whatever the outcome the world trade markets will be challenged. Positively or negatively, they will be challenged. As for the period of the next 2 years to the 2020 US Presidential elections, economic policies of the US versus the world will not change. In 2020 we will seek actual strategic policies re-orientation.
The Guardian, stipulates that Markets are edgy ahead of the US elections.
1. As such there is no anticipation that the Global Trade Changes requested from the US president to be altered.
2. There will be no major alteration to the Tariffs as applied or to be applied.
3. There will be no consequence to major defense openings and expenditures (i.e: major defense contracts or future armies, or even outer-space exploration policies).
4. There will be no change in the oil and gas exports policy of the US.
5. There will however be some key performance reallocation of policies versus the developing world, as opportunity is foreseen. As in Kenya or other African States, or Asian States, in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia to name a few examples.
6. There is an anticipation of closer cooperation in Economic trade with major states such as India and other related states that do have a great potential to lead the world markets.
7. Similarly US’ cooperation with the South-American States will also see some changes considering also the newly elected Government in Brazil, which might coincide with developments taking place in Argentina and Venezuela.
Overall one thing is clear with the current elections:
While voting takes place, while it is still a question of whether US citizens participate in the electoral process, as for those that are registered and entitled to, people are anxious to find out the results. Especially those that hold a direct or indirect stake (professional, market, academic, defense, political and so on); people are already and will surely try to figure out what is yet to come in the near future. Analyze and anticipate what we are yet to foresee and to result to. We have but few hours to know, considering that we surely know that no matter the outcome the way that US overlooks at domestic and foreign policies will not change.
Strategies for the US always remain the same. Tactics and order of steps change. That is the order of things done in the World of US Politics.
 The Telegraph, US Mid-term Elections 2018, Poll Tracker: Which party will win the race for Congress?, https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/06/us-midterm-elections-2018-poll-tracker-party-will-win-race-congress/ [seen Tuesday 6 November 2018].
 The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/nov/06/markets-edgy-us-elections-shares-dollar-eurozone-slowdown-business-live [seen Tuesday 6 November 2018] Markets edgy ahead of US Elections.