A Press Release of Strategy International
Strategy International’s conference on “Cyprus and Lithuania: Challenges and Necessity for European Unity in the Shadow of the War in Ukraine” which took place on June 16, 2023, in Paphos, Cyprus concluded with a resounding success.
An impressive line-up of leaders, policymakers, academic experts, and thought leaders provided thoughtful insights and dialogue in an event that is a way forward for decision-making.
Strategy International’s CEO Dr. Marios Efthymiopoulos, stated “We are very pleased with the outcome of our first achievement – to enhance the promotion of an international dialogue and negotiations vital in international affairs; predominantly between the Baltic states and the Mediterranean countries. This means that there is a great opportunity to include an increased number of stakeholders by incorporating them in a discussion of civilizations in pending and most pressing issues affecting us all. Pointing out among others, for the EU to have a global voice mostly being in action(s) seen and felt both outside European borders as well as inside the EU. Thus, further complementing the EU‘s deeper resolve, resilience, and political determination.”
Dr. Josef Demergis, Research & Analysis Director for Strategy International, commented that “A report of the proceedings will soon be prepared and disseminated to all stakeholders along with an abridged and full portfolio with audio-visuals, commentary on the decisions taken for further discussions among stakeholders and new ones to join us in the near future.”
The report will be disseminated to our honoured guests, speakers, institutions, and embassies once completed. A report will be published soon after online.
Strategy International would like to thank all participants at the conference, notably the following:
• European Commission Representation Offices of both the Republic of Cyprus and the Republic of Lithuania. A special thank you for their generous support of this event.
• Vytautas Magnus University
• Institute of Security and Computer Science of the Pedagogical at the University of Krakow
• Centre of International and European Political Economy and Governance at the University of the Peloponnese
• Georgian Strategic Analysis Center
• Ukrainian Think Tank “Adastra”
• The Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania; specifically, the Ambassador as well as the Embassy of the Republic of Ukraine
The event was comprised of a two-day session; one full day of the event meeting and a second day with a working lunch among the panellist speakers.
Additional material will be released in the following days.